Our office is experiencing a high call volume about SGB treatment. Help us get you scheduled by following instructions below.
SGB works best in conjunction with talk therapy with your behavioral health professional. Dr. Mulvaney and Dr. Lynch want to collaborate with your current therapist to optimize your care.
PLEASE PRINT AND COMPLETE the 3 items below then email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, BEFORE CALLING FOR APPOINTMENT. Include your contact name and phone number.
1) The PCL-5 screening test. (Add up your score)
2) The GAD -7 screening test. (Add up your score)
3) The Patient History Form
Calling instructions: We know you have had a traumatic experience, and we want to help you. However, PLEASE DO NOT SHARE the details of your trauma with our receptionist. These details are not required to book an appointment or for your successful treatment.
4) Be aware that at this time, the SGB for the treatment of PTSD is not covered by most medical insurance companies. SGB has been shown in many studies to significantly improve the anxiety symptoms associated with PTSD, but it does not help everyone.
5) Option for 2nd day left-sided SGB treatment for traveling patients: Dr Mulvaney wants to ensure that patients have optimal outcomes especially considering the time and expense of travel. For patients that are traveling and staying overnight, you may consider an option to book an appointment for right-sided SGB on day 1 and return to the clinic on day 2 for left-sided SGB. Please read, sign and also return the additional SGB Scheduling information sheet about this option.
6) Some VA hospitals can offer the SGB treatment for veterans. See the list here of VA facilities known to offer SGB.
Once your PCL – 5 and GAD -7 screening questionnaires and patient history forms are emailed to email@example.com, call the office for an appointment and we will determine if SGB is a reasonable treatment for you. Appointment line: (410) 505-0530.